Herb Epp, Former Chairman of the Board (deceased, 2013)
It was with great sadness that CLMF lost Herb Epp in April, 2013.
Herb joined the board as Chair in 2009 and was committed to supporting the work of the Ottawa Treaty. His dedication raised money to remove millions of landmines, to reduce the number of injuries, and to rehabilitate those people affected by landmines.
To honour Herb Epp’s humanitarian commitment, Herb’s family and the Board of the CLMF together established a fund in his memory. The Herb Epp Scholarship Award is awarded annually to a Wilfrid Laurier University student who combines an excellent academic history with a passion for understanding international relations and a history of volunteering locally or internationally.”
The award recipients will share Herb’s commitment to helping others and to working to improve their communities. If you would like to contribute to this fund, you may do so by following the directions below.
Thank-you, Herb Epp. We will miss you dearly.
The Board of the Canadian Landmine Foundation
If you would like to make a donation to the Foundation in Herb Epp’s memory, you can do so through CanadaHelps.org and designate your funds to the bursary by selecting “Herb Epp Memorial Bursary” from the drop-down category. Donation cheques can also be sent to the Foundation’s finance office at the address below. On the ‘memo’ line on your cheque, please write “Herb Epp Memorial Bursary” if you wish for your donation to be put towards this cause.
Canadian Landmine Foundation
c/o LCMSDS, Wilfrid Laurier University
75 University Avenue West
Waterloo, ON, Canada
Below are some of the stories about Herb, his life, and accomplishments.
- “Former Waterloo Mayor Herb Epp passes away,” 570 News, 26 February 2013
- “Herb Epp 1934 – 2013: In Photos,”Waterloo Region Record, 26 February 2013
- “Herb Epp was ‘strong-willed’ champion for Waterloo,” 26 February 2013
- “Herb Epp Will Be Remembered As A Leader Who Loved His Community,” KWNow, 27 February 2013
- “Herb Epp helped build Waterloo,” Waterloo Region Record, 27 February, 2013
- “Herb Epp remembered as dad, husband, grandfather,” Waterloo Region Record, 1 March 2013